24 September 2009

The Values of the Founding Fathers

There are a few things in this life that can make me so happy I could cry:
1. The Gospel of Jesus Christ
2. People I love
3. Holding a baby
4. The Story of America's Journey to Independence
In class today, we watched Part 2 of John Adams produced by HBO. It reminded me yet again of the sacrifices, the toils, the hard fight that our Fathers gave for their country. They believed in this grand experiment. They believed in their natural rights. They were good, honest men with strong characters, backed by smart, hard-working women.
It is my firm belief that God had a hand in the founding of this country. I'm not just saying this because it is what other Christians say, but because I truly believe it.
As I watched this movie, I was in awe at the fantastic caliber of men who founded this country. Our nation has gone so far awry since the beginning of our country. We must return to the values that these men believed in - honesty, morality, honor, patriotism, personal responsibility, hard work, charity, humility, and integrity. These are not out-dated values. They are true now as they were true then and they could solve many of our problems. We must return to what the founders intended us to be. I will post an important quote by Geroge Washington on this topic in my next blog.