24 February 2011

Camden Market

(19 Feb 2011)

            Saturday we went to Camden Market! It was HUGE!!! Seriously, at one point Michelle and I realized that we had no idea which way the tube station was. There were indoor shops and outdoor shops and some that were in between. Sometimes I would look up and see a ceiling and realize, “Oh! I’m in a building now.” And then two minutes later I would walk across to another shop and feel raindrops on my way. It was kind of confusing. Everything was so tight together, too, I could never tell from which direction I had came. If you saw something you liked, you bought it. You never knew if you would be able to find that place again! I found cute headbands, a blouse, and a couple other souvenirs.
            I would say about a third of Camden market was food – tons and tons of delicious food. There were foods from China, Japan, Korea, Italy, France, West Africa, Spain, India, and the Middle East. Over the course of four hours, I tried chocolate covered strawberries, a lemon and sugar crepe, fried plantain, a hazel cookie, freshly squeezed orange juice, and a West African Potato Stew. It was all amazing. I think I want to go back next week just for the food.