02 February 2011

Cream or Sugar?


We have been told that afternoon tea is uber-English. So, of course, we had to try it. Except, well, we’re Mormon. This means we don’t drink tea or coffee. But we didn’t let that deter us! We arranged to have afternoon tea at the Kensington Palace Orangery and our professor called ahead to arrange for us to only have herbal tea served. We all loved the opportunity to get all dressed up and walked over to the Orangery looking very smart. The settings were very elegant and they brought us each a little tower with sandwich slices, a scone, and two little pastries on top. It was so adorable! However, I was so glad that it was paid for with part of my program fee because I don’t think I could force myself to pay for that. Really. I can’t even wrap my head around it.

[Picture to be inserted here]