27 January 2011

"Hooray for the Bus Driver, the Bus Driver, the Bus Driver..."

This week has been filled with homework and art presentations and museums and internet troubles and trying so hard not to get sick! Sorry. Yesterday was our day trip to Dover and Canterbury!

I had stayed up late the night before working on a European Art presentation. Everyone has to do one during the semester and I volunteered to be first with Classical Greek Art. Anyway, I stayed up late thinking I would sleep on the bus. Well, we woke up early and I walked to the bus with no make-up on and carrying my pillow. I settle in to a window seat and all of a sudden the professor turns on a movie. What is this?? It’s 8 am and the professor wants us to watch a movie about the martyrdom of Thomas Beckett? Yuck. No sleep. Forgot to bring a mirror so no make-up went on either.

Well, I got slightly more enthusiastic when we arrived in Dover. We saw the white cliffs of Dover, enjoyed the beach for a little while and my friend tried to teach me to skip rocks. I think the only reason he wanted me to try was so he could laugh. Oh well.


Back in the bus and on to Canterbury! Canterbury was lovely. We were turned loose for two hours before our Cathedral reservation and Michelle and I walked through an adorable shopping center that somehow blended 21st century department stores with a 15th century atmosphere. Awesome. It was cold and rainy so we stopped at a little food stand and decided to try Gingerbread-flavored hot chocolate. Delicious! Hit the spot. We also found an amazing store called Poundland. Think Dollar Tree but slightly bigger. So cool. Canterbury was beautiful and we enjoyed just walking through a park and by the town wall. Their Cathedral is the biggest one I have seen yet, which is fitting since it holds the seat of the Archbishop of Canterbury.



I also saw an old election sticker that I just had to tke a picture of:


Just so you know, I gave my art presentation this morning and it went lovely! Looking forward to Cambridge tomorrow and PARLIAMENT on Saturday!!