07 January 2011

Tower of London and Westminster Abbey

Today we spent two and a half hours touring Her Majesty’s Palace and Fortress, the Tower of London. I had always thought the Tower of London was just that – a Tower. Little beknownst to me, it is a whole castle!

 We saw the crown jewels, the execution site, the royal armoury, the room where the two "little princes" were (most likely) murdered, and the many towers where prisoners were kept. Also, below is a picture of St. John’s Chapel from inside the fortress.

After that, we saw Westminster Abbey – where William and Kate will be getting married in April!

After the abbey, we split up and my group went to look at Trafalgar square, Leicester Square, and the TKTS office.
Also, I started figuring out the tube today! It really isn’t hard and it’s so exciting to have constant transportation at my fingertips!